You would think SOMEONE would have written a gripping book about the storm. But no one has. Unimaginable. What an opportunity for good writer. This storm has everything:
- Massive damage on an unimagined scale.
- Winds exceeding 150 mph and a storm equal to Hurricane Katrina
- Huge forests leveled.
- Dozens of deaths and hundreds of injuries.
- Thousands of homes and buildings destroyed or seriously damaged.
- Record flooding and landslides in California.
- Power outages everywhere.
- Dramatic stories of rescue and recovery.
- No warning the day before, but valiant meteorologists get the word out that day after offshore ships are hit by extraordinary winds, seas and low pressure.
CAN YOU IMAGINE THE MOVIE?
What happened that day was so extreme, no exaggeration is needed. In fact, truth is difficult to believe. The book and screenplay would write itself. Perhaps Hans Zimmer could complete the score for the movie. I love Hans Zimmer music--it all sounds so similar, but who cares? Triumphal, inspiring music is needed here.
This project could make a good writer and/or screenwriter very rich. A sure-fire best seller. A hit movie. I approached one well-known local writer about the project...wasn't interested. His mistake!
OK, I know there was a movie called the "Perfect Storm", based on a best-seller book--but that storm was NOTHING compared to the Columbus Day Storm. Some comparisons:
Lowest Pressure: Perfect Storm, 972 hPa; Columbus Day Storm 960 hPa. COLUMBUS STORM WINS BIG.
Maximum Gusts: Perfect Storm, 65 knots; Columbus Day Storm, 130+ knots. NOT EVEN CLOSE.
Damage: Perfect Storm: A fishing vessel full of sailors that ignored the forecast, plus some wave damage in Massachusetts. Columbus Day Storm: Massive damage from CA to BC in the billions of dollars. NO CONTEST.
Our storm is a hell of a lot more perfect than theirs!
|Just a little blow compared to the Columbus Day Storm|
"You could be a meteorologist all your life...
...and never see something like this.
It would be a disaster of epic proportions.
It would be...
...the perfect storm."
Here is the video clip. I WANT TO DO THIS!
|Click on the picture to see video!|